Monday, October 3, 2016

Authors To Watch: Michael Phillip Cash, author of 'The Battle of Darracia'





Michael Phillip Cash is an award-winning and best-selling novelist of horror, paranormal, and science fiction novels.  He's written ten books including the best-selling “Brood X”, “Stillwell”, “The Flip”, “The After House”, “The Hanging Tree”, “Witches Protection Program”, “Pokergeist”, "Monsterland", "The History Major", and “The Battle for Darracia” series. Michael’s books are on the Amazon best-seller list and have also won numerous awards. Additionally, he is a screenwriter with 14 specs under his belt. Michael resides on the North Shore of Long Island.

For More Information



Title: The Battle for Darracia: Books I - II - III
Author: Michael Phillip Cash
Publisher: Chelshire, Inc.
Pages: 542
Genre: Sci/Fi / Fantasy

The Battle for Darracia Books I, II, and III, are now combined into one epic novel! On the planet Darracia, an ever-widening social gap between its inhabitants is causing turmoil that is fracturing a once peaceful world. Struggling with his identity, nineteen year old Prince V'sair must harness the power of the elusive Fireblade, the secret to a warrior's heart, in order to overcome his uncle Staf Nuen's lust for supremacy. Will the energy of the Elements guide the young prince to his true destiny or will Staf Nuen conquer Darracia?

For More Information

  • The Battle for Darracia: Books I - II - III is available at Amazon
  • Pick up your copy at Barnes & Noble.



Welcome, Michael! Tell us a little about yourself.

My name is Michael Phillip Cash and I write screenplays & novels. I live on Long Island with my incredible wife and wonderful children. I haven’t eaten bread in 6 years, I eat bacon and eggs every day, and I watch as many movies as I can during my down time.
When did you begin writing?

I’ve been writing since I’m 15. I started writing screenplays in college. Novels in my late 20s and self publishing them ever since.

Describe your writing process. Do you plot or write by the seat of your pants? When and where do you write?

Every story I begin, starts as a screenplay. I have to beat out every character arc. Once I have my roadmap (screenplay) I can then flesh it out into a novel.

Of all your characters, which one is your favorite? Why?

I absolutely love the character of Clutch Henderson in my novel Pokergeist. It was like writing for an NC-17 Yosemite Sam.

What was the most challenging aspect of writing your book?

I don’t find anything challenging about writing. I absolutely love it. 

What projects are you currently working on?

I have a few more screenplays I’m beating out. Neandythal is about a young teen must navigate the Paleolithic era with a defunct iPhone and a cup of coffee. Then there is I Am Colossus which is about a ex-marine who enlists in the Colosus program to help fight off humanoids attacking the shores of America.

What advice would you offer to new or aspiring authors?

Write every day. Even if its only 20 words, get something down on paper.


1 comment:

  1. Hi, I’m Wendy Saddler with Authors, Large and Small, a literary publicity company representing a variety of unique and creative authors. I was wondering if you would be interested in doing some book reviews?? I have 2 really interesting authors who would love to speak on their books. Please get back to me if interested.

    ReplyDelete