Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Authors To Watch: Amber Leigh Williams, author of Wooing the Wedding Planner





Amber Leigh Williams is a Harlequin romance writer who lives on the US Gulf Coast. She lives for beach days, the smell of real books, and spending time with her husband and their two young children. When she’s not keeping up with rambunctious little ones (and two large dogs), she can usually be found reading a good book or indulging her inner foodie. Amber is represented by the D4EO Literary Agency.

WEBSITE & SOCIAL LINKS:

WEBSITE | TWITTER | FACEBOOK | GOODREADS



Title: WOOING THE WEDDING PLANNER
Author: Amber Leigh Williams
Publisher: Harlequin (Superromance)
Pages: 380
Genre: Series Romance/Contemporary Romance/Superromance

No more wedding marches for her! 

Wedding planner Roxie Honeycutt can make happy-ever-after come true for anyone except herself. Freshly divorced and done with love, she's okay with watching clients walk down the aisle. What's not okay? Sharing a charming Victorian house with accountant Byron Strong. He's frustratingly sexy and determined to keep her confused. 

Roxie thought Byron's expertise was numbers, yet somehow he sees her for who she really is. Somehow he understands the hurt she hides behind a trademark smile. Suddenly romance is tempting again, even if it means risking another heartbreak.

FOR MORE INFORMATION:

Amazon



Tell us a little about yourself. 

My name is Amber Leigh Williams. I’m a Harlequin romance writer. I’ve been writing for the Superromance line for several years and I love my job! 

When did you begin writing?

As a young girl. I discovered this pocket full of stories in my mind and challenged myself to bring those stories to life. Writing felt like the most natural way because I was so soft-spoken. Through the years, I’ve grown to deeply love the process. 

Describe your writing process. Do you plot or write by the seat of your pants? When and where do you write?

I’m a plotter, but no matter how much planning I do the characters or plot always find some way to expand organically. I still outline to a degree, but the plotting has become more of a fallback should the actual writing not yield the results the story needs. 

Can you tell us about your most recent release?

In Wooing the Wedding Planner, true love is Roxie Honeycutt’s business as a wedding planner—and there was a time she believed in it, too. But since her marriage fell apart, Roxie’s been questioning many things, including what she really wants and who she is. Byron Strong seems ready to accept whoever that is. The handsome accountant has been a friend, but he just might also be part of her new and improved happy ending!

How did you get the idea for the book?

It grew from previous books I wrote for Superromance. Both Roxie and Byron appear as secondary characters in A Place With Briar, Married One Night and His Rebel Heart. Several readers wrote to ask if Byron would be getting his own happy ending so I wrote Wooing the Wedding Planner for them and to give him and Roxie a satisfying conclusion. 

Of all your characters, which one is your favorite? Why?

Would you believe me if I told you I love them all? The best thing about writing a series is that I get to bring back the characters I loved from previous books. After 80,000 words, it’s difficult to let go of them completely. Bringing people like Roxie and Byron back and giving them the full scope of a book to breathe, wiggle and grow has been the best part of my job thus far! 

What was the most challenging aspect of writing your book?

This book was challenging because I hadn’t written a book from start to finish since my second child was born and my son started homeschooling. I was worried that I wouldn’t be able to focus on work and balance the new schedule. My spouse helped tremendously so that I could find a new working rhythm in the evenings. 

Which authors have inspired your writing?

So many. As an early writer, I connected to the work of Anne Lamont. Writing is often a solitary effort and books like Bird by Bird make me feel a little less lonely in the process. After reading a novel by Nora Roberts as a teen, I knew I wanted to be a romance writer. I still take great inspiration and comfort from Nora’s work. 

What projects are you currently working on?

I just wrapped up my fifth book for Superromance. I’m about to begin the sixth. 

What advice would you offer to new or aspiring authors?

I’ve found that the best way to find your voice is to challenge yourself not to be as good as other authors but to be the best writer you can today and the only writer you need to compete with is the one you were yesterday. Trust your vision, keep writing and honing your craft and the rest will take care of itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment