Tuesday, October 19, 2021

🎈Authors To Watch🎈Lorenzo Petruzziello Author of A MISTAKE INCOMPLETE @lorenzomagnus @pumpupyourbook #authorstowatch #interview

 

 



Lorenzo Petruzziello is the author of A MISTAKE INCOMPLETE – a noir-inspired caper set in Milan, Italy. His first novel THE LOVE FOOL is a non-romantic romantic comedy set in Rome. Both books are available worldwide through your favorite booksellers.

Lorenzo holds a Global MBA in International Marketing from Suffolk University in Boston, Massachusetts. He is bilingual, raised speaking both English and Italian. He was born and raised in U.S.A. and spent his summers in Italy. He lives in Massachusetts working on his writing as a side gig to his corporate day job. He has contributed to publications on food, travel, and cocktails, including Intermezzo and  SIPthemagazine.

Visit his website at www.magnusmade.com.

Connect with him on TwitterFacebook and Instagram.






An incompetent thief,

a hopeless bartender,

a dead stranger,

and a lonely tourist.

A NOIR-INSPIRED CAPER SET IN MODERN-DAY MILAN.

An incompetent thief makes another attempt at burglary. A hopeless bartender struggles to manage her last patron. The pair reluctantly work together to figure out why a man they presumed dead may have returned, while a lonely tourist inadvertently gets in the way.

“A sharp, edgy caper with a final surprise.” — Kirkus Reviews

“The many twists and turns with international touches will reward readers of noir fiction…” – Feathered Quill



A MISTAKE INCOMPLETE is available at:

AMAZON



We welcome you to My Bookish Pleasures! Can you tell us how you got started writing fiction?

Thank you for having me. I first started writing when I was living in Rome for a bit. I did not go to Rome to write, but I was inspired by the eternal city, that I thought I’d take a crack at writing a story – and so I did. I came back to the US with half of the first draft of my first novel THE LOVE FOOL.

Describe your writing process. Do you plot or write by the seat of your pants? When and where do you write?

I don’t plot a whole story out – I have an idea for a scene or purpose, and branch off from there. So my stories are not written chronologically. I like to write early mornings – mostly from home. But travelling is always something that inspires me.

Can you tell us about your most recent release?

A MISTAKE INCOMPLETE is a modern story set in Milan, Italy. An incompetent thief makes another attempt at burglary. A hopeless bartender struggles to manage her last patron. The pair reluctantly work together to figure out why a man they presumed dead may have returned, while a lonely tourist inadvertently gets in the way.

How did you get the idea for the book?

I was inspired by the classic noir films I love to watch, and stories I enjoy reading. I wanted to give my readers that same emotion the audience feels when watching classic noir: paranoia, uncertainty, suspense, thrills, off-kilter romance, mystery, and questioning of morals.

Of all your characters, which one is your favorite? Why?

I must say I do like my main character Stef a lot. In fact, I had originally written him in my first book, but as much as I liked him, he just didn’t seem to add much to that particular story. So I took him out and kept him for later. Sure enough, he fit well into the A MISTAKE INCOMPLETE, so I decided I would give him his own story.

What was the most challenging aspect of writing your book?

Keeping the intrigue going, while maintaining a bit of humor for my quirky characters.

What projects are you currently working on?

I’m working on a third book of what I personally call my Italy Trilogy. My first book THE LOVE FOOL was set in Rome. A MISTAKE INCOMPLETE is set in Milan. My third book will also be set in Italy, but I am not ready to talk about any of that yet.

What advice would you offer to new or aspiring fiction authors?

Keep writing. Even if it’s just one sentence, just keep writing. And if it’s bad, it’s OK. You can always go back to fix it later. Just keep writing.




No comments:

Post a Comment