Monday, May 13, 2019

Authors to Watch: Kevin C. Alston, Author of The 'Real' American Diet




Born & raised in the small town of Mullins, SC, by God-fearing parents who instilled religion into his life at an early age, he's had an insatiable appetite for knowledge since birth. God blessed him with a keen, analytical mind, & an almost feverish desire to help others. He is a U.S. Air Force veteran, married to the love of his life, with five wonderful kids, & a deep passion that still burns within him to help the less fortunate, through whatever means necessary.  The correlation between what we eat & the epidemic-like rise in diseases of today has the author on an impassioned mission to get to the bottom of what he thinks is a big conspiracy by our government & Big Business.

His latest book is The ‘Real’ American Diet.




Welcome to My Bookish Pleasures. We would love to get to know you and your book! When did you begin writing? 

I actually began writing around 2003, if my memory serves me correctly. I wrote poems, mainly. I've actually written approximately 100 of them. My friends & coworkers actually tried to convince me to compile a book of poetry, but because quite a few of my poems were of a personal nature, I decided against it. 

Describe your writing process. When and where do you write? 

I make it a habit of keeping a pen & pieces of paper in my pocket, just in case I had an idea. Quite a few of my writings occurred at work. I'd have a lull in actually physically working, & I'd stop whatever I was doing to jot my thoughts down. If I was driving down the highway & came up with something, I'd do my best to jot it down once I was able to do so. I actually bought a voice recorder, but I lost it & have yet to replace it.

Can you tell us about your most recent release? 

The 'Real' American Diet is my most recent, & currently, only release, although I do have another book 'in the works', which means I've already thought of a title for my upcoming piece, but it's on the back burner until I get my first book out into the mainstream.

How did you get the idea for the book? 

I've always been a health-conscious person. Seeing so many friends, family, & coworkers suffering with the ailments of today, mainly cancer, my analytical side began digging even deeper into what I had already suspected was the true culprit behind most of our issues, our diets. My book is the culmination of my analytics, per se. 

What was the most challenging aspect of writing your book? 

The most challenging aspect of writing the book, for me, was trying to convince myself that I had enough to write about. When I initially started, I figured I'd have about 10-12 pages worth, maybe. But, I ended up being pleasantly surprised that it turned out to be quite a bit more.

Do you find it easier to write nonfiction?

 I just write about whatever I have a passion for. The category never crosses my mind.

Do you have plans to write fiction? 

You never know. If I happen to have a passion for it at the time, that's what I will end up doing.

What projects are you currently working on? 

I'm currently taking a break from writing, but ideas are constantly popping up. I really would like to write a piece for a television show or movie.

What advice would you offer to new or aspiring nonfiction authors?

My advice for new or aspiring authors, write about what inspires you. It's much easier to come up with material if you have a passion for it.




This book is a culmination of the author's life, but mainly the past 10 years, where personal tragedies have led him to discover more about the correlation with food, nutrition & the diseases of today, & how it affects us all. 

This program is an experiment of sorts, with the author using himself as the guinea pig, with positive results having been discovered, & hopefully, in time, even bigger positive results yet to come. 

Between our government & Big Business, we, the people, are already involved in an experiment.  It's like a big laboratory.  With all of the harmful toxins that are allowed in our air, food, &  water, diseases are at epidemic-like levels, & the author, for one, would like to know if there is more to this than is being told to us. It speaks volumes when other nations refuse to accept grains & meats from us, or at least it does to the author. 

Most of the ailments we suffer from today emanate from our guts, & our poor diets keep the sickness-wheels turning, costing each of us millions of dollars, a whole lot of heartache, pain, & suffering.  It's time to make a change, & that change started with the author's experiment on himself.

ORDER YOUR COPY:

Amazon



No comments:

Post a Comment