Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Authors To Watch: Judy Serrano, Author of Linked



Judy Serrano holds a Master of Arts in English from Texas A&M University, Commerce. She is the owner of Make Cents Editing Service, and was an adjunct professor at a local college. Currently she teaches high school English and is a freelance writer for certain on-line publications. Judy also writes romantic suspense and paranormal romance novels. She is the author of The Easter’s Lilly Series,The Linked Seriesand Ivy Vines, Visions.

Although originally from New York, Judy resides in Texas with her husband, four boys, four dogs and now two cats. She sings and plays guitar when she has time and enjoys singing with her very musical family in church when she is able.

Her latest book is the paranormal romance, LINKED.

WEBSITE & SOCIAL LINKS:

WEBSITE | TWITTER | FACEBOOK




Title: LINKED
Author: Judy Serrano
Publisher: Independent
Pages: 265
Genre: Paranormal Romance

BOOK BLURB:

Daphne Foster is a substitute teacher stuck in an English class, waiting for that dreaded parent-teacher conference. With much preparation and anxiety, she encounters the unforgettable Charlie Cross. His charm and good looks, win her over but rumors of his involvement with organized crime make his continued disappearances disturbing. In walks Heathcliff Vanderpool, creating a love triangle of unusual sorts. Unknown to Daphne, Heathcliff and Charlie are old friends: Older than she could have imagined. With Charlie away on business, Daphne and Heathcliff discover a passion between them lying beneath the surface. As their souls link, pulling away from Charlie becomes next to impossible. Will his involvement in organized crime consume them both before she’s able to get free? When you become “linked,” the choice may not be your own.

ORDER YOUR COPY:

AMAZON

B&N




We welcome you to My Bookish Pleasures! Can you tell us how you got started writing fiction? 

Fiction for me is an escape. I enjoy my guilty pleasure. My protagonist is beautiful, tall, blond, and voluptuous. She has silky hair, see-through eyes, and passions that only the most special man on earth can satisfy. She is constantly the conflict between two of the most handsome men in the country, she lives in a mansion, has a driver and a cook, and her biggest problem of the day is which diamond necklace should she wear each morning. Fiction rocks!

Describe your writing process. Do you plot or write by the seat of your pants? When and where do you write? 

I write by the seat of my pants. I sit down at the keyboard and let my characters direct my steps. I can write anywhere, any time. I can even carry on a conversation with my children as I am typing away at the computer. 

Can you tell us about your most recent release? 

The last book I released was First Blood, book two of the Linked Series. Currently, I am looking for a fresh publisher for my new novel. That one will have to remain a surprise. 

How did you get the idea for the book? 

I am a huge fan of The Vampire Diaries, The Originals, and True Blood. I have always wanted to write a vampire book. The first series that I wrote, The Easter’s Lilly Series is a Mafia Romance. I thought it might be fun to combine the two.

Of all your characters, which one is your favorite? Why? 

Dante is my favorite character for sure. He is strong, yet sensitive, defeated, yet infallible. His determination to get what he wants will catch you by surprise. However, Dante’s unshakable loyalty is something every girl will fall for. 

What was the most challenging aspect of writing your book? 

For me, the most challenging part of writing any book is time. I am an English teacher, and I have had four young children during most of my writing journeys. Now that all of my boys are finally out of high school, I will have more time to write fantasy-filled novels. Bittersweet.

What projects are you currently working on? 

I recently finished another Mafia romance. I am currently seeking a new publisher, so I am keeping it a secret for now. As I am waiting, I am writing book #7 of The Easter’s Lilly Series. After I complete that (and I am half-way through) I will begin book #3 of The Linked Series

What advice would you offer to new or aspiring fiction authors? 

Try to write every day. Practice is what will make you good at what you do. Love what you write and write what you love. Don’t let anyone tell you to write for the market. Markets change, but when you fall in love with your own characters, you are giving others the chance to fall in love with them as well.

Website – www.JudySerrano.com
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/JudySerranoAuthor/
Twitter - https://twitter.com/AuthorJSerrano
Amazon.com - https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Judy+Serrnao
Barnes and Noble - https://www.barnesandnoble.com/s/Judy+Serrano?_requestid=358183



No comments:

Post a Comment