Friday, December 29, 2017

Author to Watch: 'The Heart of the Matter' P Nelson






P Nelson has just started her journey in Erotic Romance this year with her debut novel Take My hand. The Rehabilitation of Master Dillon is a prequel novel to Take My Hand focusing on the character of Master Dillon. Nelson calls Vancouver her hometown and is married with one young daughter. At 6.00pm most days she can be found with a G&T in one hand and either her daughter or a good book in the other.

WEBSITE & SOCIAL LINKS:

WEBSITE | TWITTER





Title: THE HEART OF THE MATTER
Author: P Nelson
Publisher: Independent
Pages: 205
Genre: Erotic Romance/BDSM

BOOK BLURB: 

Eric Danvers thought he had found the perfect submissive before she was swept right out of his arms.

Now pining after the one woman he can’t have, Master Eric finds himself stuck in a gruelling cycle of emotional torture that has nothing to do with his BDSM lifestyle. Just as he was about to take a hiatus from The Cage and the lifestyle altogether, Master Eric is asked to take on the role of training Dom for one of the new subs. Rather than agreeing, he’s coerced into the role and finds there’s more to his new training sub than meets the eye.

Elizabeth Williams is a sub on a mission.

Elizabeth Williams has read every single book on BDSM she can get her hands on, and she feels as if this is the lifestyle for her. After saving up for an entire year and working an extra job, she finally had enough money to enter the couples training program at the most exclusive BDSM club in Vancouver. Unfortunately, as soon as Elizabeth and her boyfriend are accepted, he decides that he wants a different sub. Elizabeth decides not to let go of her dream and enters the submissive training program.

Master Eric soon finds that Elizabeth Williams may be more sub than he can handle. He loves her brattiness, but he knows it hides a pool of inner hurt that cried out to his Dom instincts to heal. Elizabeth falls for Mater Eric as soon as she meets him and really believes she cannot help her brattiness. She wants to give him her true submission, but she might not be able to set aside her past hurts to move on. Read the story of Master Eric and Elizabeth in The Heart of the Matter.

ORDER YOUR COPY:

Amazon




We welcome you to My Bookish Pleasures! Can you tell us how you got started writing fiction?

I always wanted to write a book, but never really had the time. My husband took a job in a small town in Switzerland and suddenly I had a lot of time. Mostly because I didn’t speak German! I started my first book and I have never looked back.

Describe your writing process. Do you plot or write by the seat of your pants? When and where do you write?

Normally I start out with a character and develop them in relation to their love interest. I usually have a couple of scenes in mind before I start to plot out the story, but I need to have something substantial on paper before I sit down to write the actual book. The morning is the best time for me; nowadays I just try and get in as much time as possible in between caring for my daughter.

Can you tell us about your most recent release?

The Heart of the Matter is a continuation of The Doms of the Cage Series and focuses on Eric Danvers who readers met in Take My Hand and his new training sub Elizabeth Williams. After publishing two prequel novellas it feels good to get back to writing the forward story.

How did you get the idea for the book?

As soon as I wrote Eric’s character in Take My Hand, I knew he had to have his own story and I think The Heart of the Matter gives him a solid HEA as well as a vehicle to continue the whole Doms of the Cage Series.

Of all your characters, which one is your favorite? Why?

Delaney is my favorite character even though she only appears as a minor character in all the books. Mostly because she wants to start a sub revolution.

What was the most challenging aspect of writing your book?

This time around, I really needed to concentrate on making the stalking and harassment of Elizabeth believable to the readers. Not just her response, but also the response of the authorities and the limitations in the law for protecting victims.

What projects are you currently working on?

I’m working on my next release What We’re Meant to Be the story of Delaney, Martin and Linkin. I’ve also recently completed a standalone novel. I had a plot in mind that I wanted to pursue. It’s a contemporary murder mystery. I hope to release this in 2018.

What advice would you offer to new or aspiring fiction authors?

It’s the same advice said over and over. Keep writing! Also, from good character development comes great stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment