Thursday, December 8, 2016

Authors To Watch: Suzanne Eglington, author of 'Beckham 101'





Suzanne Eglington is the author of the Kate and Robert Chronicles series. The three-book series follows the unfolding romance of top cop Robert Beckham and the ravishing Kate Quinn. The titles in the series are Inceptions, You and I, and the recently released Beckham 101. A fourth book in the Kate and Robert Chronicles series is forthcoming.

Suzanne currently resides in Central Massachusetts with her family.

WEBSITE | TWITTER








Title: Beckham 101: The Kate and Robert Chronicles
Author: Suzanne Eglington
Publisher: Xlibris
Pages: 280
Genre: Romantic Suspense

BECKHAM 101 is the third installment in the Kate and Robert Chronicles by author Suzanne Eglington. Eglington invites readers into the intimate inner world of the newly wedded duo as they learn to navigate life as a committed couple. Settling down brings new perspectives and people into Kate’s and Robert’s lives, along with the exposure of more of Robert’s mysterious past. For Kate, being married to a top cop means managing both desire and reality.
Following a one-week courtship, Kate submits to her love for Robert, an intense super cop who has been patiently waiting for his opportunity to seize the one women he truly desires. Their quick marriage means frequent amorous entanglements, but it also means that Kate’s knowledge of her new husband’s personal history is limited. Kate must steady herself to cope with the slow unveiling of her husband’s past.
Being the wife of an influential and respected police officer means a change in lifestyle for Kate. Robert is fiercely protective of his wife and enjoys spending as much of his free time with her as possible. Marriage to Robert means Kate has inherited a family of high-performing cops who not only open their hearts for her but also provide protection when ghosts from Robert’s past threaten to harm her.         
In BECKHAM 101, the author introduces new characters into the series, including Robert’s best friend, Jimmy and Kate’s wise and skilled Uncle Jack. As with the two previous books in the Kate and Robert Chronicles, Eglington’s mission is to offer readers a respite from their daily lives. “First and foremost,” Eglington says she wants her readers to feel “I have entertained you with my characters and possibly left a lasting enjoyable impression that fed the passion and intensity of the love between Kate and Robert. Second, that I was able to take you away from your everyday routine to enjoy some downtime with a story you are falling in love with.” Beyond the steamy intimacy and the thread of danger embedded in her stories, Eglington’s books also highlight the lives of cops. “My stories are about the lives cops lead away from the police department. I want readers to think of the men behind the badge and the people who could be in their lives.”
By gradually revealing some elements of Robert’s past in BECKHAM 101, Eglington is priming readers for the fourth book in this sexy and suspense-filled series.

Amazon | Barnes & Noble



Tell us a little about yourself. 

I am Suzanne Eglington and I am the Author of a six book series The Kate and Robert Chronicle. I love outdoor sports, cooking, girls night out, spending time with my family and friends. I drive muscle cars, ATV’s, and ride Horses. I love family game night and all my fury little pets. And I love breathing life into my characters when I write.

When did you begin writing?

I began writing 15 years ago but I could never finish that book. It wasn’t until 4 years ago that my Kate and Robert story hit me as I was going through a divorce and this gave me an opportunity to escape into my pretend world and not think too much about my real situation

Describe your writing process. Do you plot or write by the seat of your pants? When and where do you write?

My writing process is totally by the seat of my pants. My stories come to me with the start of an idea then they play like a movie in my head that I cannot shut down.

Can you tell us about your most recent release?

Beckham 101 is the 3rd installment to The Kate and Robert Chronicles which is a 6 book continual story of Kate and Robert. In this installment I bring in new characters that have strong ties to both Kate and Robert. These characters unveil the past so my readers get a better understanding of who Kate and Robert really are. I also resolve the cliff hanger ending from the previous book You and I : The Kate and Robert Chronicles and just when you think all is grand in their world I drop the other shoe prepping my readers for She’s got the Jack which will be coming out shortly.

How did you get the idea for the book?

Beckham 101 came to me as that important puzzle piece that my readers need to learn more about Kate and Robert to prepare them for the 4th installment She’s got the Jack

Of all your characters, which one is your favorite? Why?

My Favorite character is extremely hard to pick. At first it was Ian Miller.. I had so much fun breathing life into him. I would be at my computer laughing out loud from what I was allowing him to act like and get away with. But over all I think I did one better. Uncle Jack… who is introduced in this installment Beckham 101… I love Uncle Jack.

What was the most challenging aspect of writing your book?

The most challenging aspect was walking away from writing to do everyday tasks like eating, having a shower, cleaning the house, sleeping…. This story was playing and everyday tasks where the things getting in the way

Which authors have inspired your writing?

Jane Austin, Stephneie Meyer, Anne Rice and E L James … E L James has opened the doors to erotic romance that I never thought you could publish and have that popular. I thank her for allowing me to  write a proper love scene in my Kate and Robert Chronicles because without the intensity that Robert brings my story would not be the same.

What projects are you currently working on?

I am currently in the last phase of getting my 4th installment She’s got the Jack out on the shelves and available to the public. I am making my final changes for the fifth  book  How to Train a Bullet: The Kate and Robert Chronicles to submit to the editors and I am writing a Y A fantasy fiction/ Sci fi that I no nothing about that Genre but this story has hit me strong.

What advice would you offer to new or aspiring authors?

My best advice is Start the book then keep going until you finish. Do not keep going back to correct or change what you have written . Do that after you finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment