Monday, July 24, 2023

đŸ“–Authors To Watch: Linda Armstrong-Miller Author of BLOOD & WATER #authorstowatch #interview

 

 



Linda Armstrong-Miller has worked in the medical field for over twenty years. In that time she has worked as a counselor, registered nurse in the emergency room, ICU, Recovery Room, and she has worked with children placed in psychiatric hospitals. She understands when a family is in crisis and she has been with them during their time of distress, depression, anxiety and difficulty. She believes in God and uses her belief as well as her experience when writing. Blood and Water is her second book published. Touched is her first book. Currently she is working on a young adult trilogy.

Website: http://www.lindaarmstrongmillerauthor.com

Twitter: https://twitter.com/lindaam1

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100039732613292




We welcome you to My Bookish Pleasures! Can you tell us how you got started writing fiction? 

I started writing fiction because it is basically what I read.

Describe your writing process. Do you plot or write by the seat of your pants? When and where do you write? 

I write by the seat of my pants. I come up with a what if scenario then the characters. Sometimes I come up with the ending and work backwards. I write wherever I am; in the vehicle, on the deck or while my husband is fishing.

Can you tell us about your most recent release? 

Blood and Water was released 20 years ago then again in 2014. I got sick before I had the chance to really market it. The second time it was released as Betrayal and Forgiveness. The book deals with loss, family conflict and tragedy but in all of that there is a happy ending.

How did you get the idea for the book? 

I have worked as a counselor and as a registered nurse. I have witnessed a lot of family tragedy and trauma and conflict and yes they sometimes have a happy ending. I myself am proof of that. You can’t do it by yourself. First I have my relationship with my Savior then with my family and friends.

Of all your characters, which one is your favorite? Why? 

I created all my characters. Until I get to my trilogy where I have demons, I love all characters.

What was the most challenging aspect of writing your book? 

Learning to stop. I could add so much more detail but then the book would be way too long.

What projects are you currently working on? 

I am currently working on a YA trilogy, involving angels and demons.

What advice would you offer to new or aspiring fiction authors? 

Just take pen and paper in hand and start writing.

 

 


Title: Blood & Water

Author: Linda Armstrong-Miller
Publisher: Dorrance Publishing
Pages: 266
Genre: Christian Thriller

Lisa Rivers is a genius with a photographic memory. She is the youngest, highest paid computer designer for the Department of Defense. Her program promises no more POWs and can be used domestically. No more missing children. So, how is it that Lisa is kidnapped? How was her identity discovered? Is she still alive and if so, can she be found before it is too late?

Amazon: https://tinyurl.com/35nwbkz3

Barnes & Noble: https://tinyurl.com/bdcu442x

Goodreads: https://tinyurl.com/tbn9suhe




 

No comments:

Post a Comment