Wednesday, August 18, 2021

🎈Authors To Watch🎈E.P. Bellows Author of BANDITS OF BASSWOOD @lizzypbellows @pumpupyourbook #authorstowatch #interview

 




A few random things about me…

Um, let’s see… when I was eight, I had a pet turkey. I used to take it with me on my very short lived paper route. Needless to say, I was terrible at delivering the paper. No one wanted a “Dollar Saver” with turkey poop splattered across the front page. Apparently that’s where the best coupons are.

Books… well, “Treasure Island” is a fantastic pirate tale. I love just about anything by Roald Dahl. I would also like to thank C.S Lewis for sending me on an unrelenting childhood quest for portals to amazing worlds (even in the most unpleasant locations, e.g… the older brother’s closet, etc…)

I write fantasy stories for children. Yep – I am a HUGE fantasy geek. I can’t help myself! It’s too darn awesome to escape to another realm with sorcerers and wizards. The underlying theme in my stories is empowerment, self love, and living purposefully.

When football is on I turn into a different person. I may even use a curse word or two… or three. I enjoy running; which is a good thing because I need to do it in order to fit into my jeans.

I love to cook and really, really love to eat. I have a theory that avocados actually contain super powers and have the amazing ability to make any snack epic. I also love garlic… which, according to my loved ones, also has an unfortunate super power … the pungent breath-inator… or something of that nature.

Few things make me smile more than chocolate, cheese… AND, if the Chargers would make it to the Super Bowl again – just once:)

WEBSITE & SOCIAL LINKS:

WEBSITE | TWITTER | FACEBOOK |INSTAGRAM


We welcome you to My Bookish Pleasures! Can you tell us how you got started writing fiction?

Thank you for having me! When my son (now 15 years old!) came into this world I started writing stories to read to him. I have been writing ever since! It has been an amazing journey that started with a young boy on an adventure in a magical world...  

Describe your writing process. Do you plot or write by the seat of your pants? When and where do you write?

 I like to think of myself as a healthy combo platter. The story, outline and even the cover are usually complete, or nearly complete beforehand. Of course, the characters tend to step in as the story develops and the adventure goes in several different directions before reaching that bitter sweet “The End”.

Can you tell us about your most recent release?

Bandits of Basswood is the prequal to Alexander Drake’s adventure. I had already written about Alexander (Alexander Drake’s Extraordinary Pursuit), Jonn William’s son. Bandits of Basswood builds out the back story for the guardians, Imperius and how the adventure really unfolded hundreds of years before. John William’s adventure begins with the mysterious disappearance of his father in Azra’s Pith. John William was determined to find him. He had no idea what dark forces he was up against... a wild adventure was about to begin and his life would forever change.

Of all your characters, which one is your favorite? Why?

Gosh, it’s hard to choose one. I am quite fond of Julien the Empyrean Wizard and Ferdinand the hopper. Both have hearts of gold. They are wise and silly in their own ways. Their adventures are so much fun to write about!

What was the most challenging aspect of writing your book?

What projects are you currently working on?

I have written five additional books in the Azra’s Pith Series. After a wild publishing ride they are all waiting in line to be revised and re-released. Quest for Copia will be the next book to be released (again). It is the sequel to Bandits of Basswood. A lot of questions are answered in this book and the story takes a heavy turn so I’m taking my time on this one. I want to have the entire Azra’s pith series out by the end of 2022. That is my main focus at the moment.

What advice would you offer to new or aspiring fiction authors?

Persevere, have the patience of a jedi, grow a thick skin and learn from constructive criticism... did I mention persevere? I'm sure this goes without saying; but read and write as often as you can... even when you’re struggling and the writing looks like rotten bologna on a computer screen. If you hope to buy a latte or two with your royalties, the work begins when the writing is done... so be ready! Did I mention persevere?  




Title: BANDITS OF BASSWOOD
Author: E.P. Bellows
Publisher: Independent
Pages: 195
Genre: Children’s Fantasy

BOOK BLURB:

John William Drake was born an explorer; just like many, many Drakes before him. His adventure really began with the discovery of a book hidden in the ceiling, followed by the mysterious disappearance of his father. He lived every day in misery until his twelfth birthday. A new friend gave him an invitation he could not turn down… follow me and change your destiny.

He never imagined being captured by bandits and taken to a ship riddled with river rats was part of his fate. Not just any bandits – the Bandits of Basswood; known to be a ruthless and wild crew of thieves. Trying to escape would be a ridiculous idea. No one has ever escaped and lived to tell about it. Uncovering traces of his missing father gave him hope and upped the stakes. John William was determined to get off the ship alive and search for the missing pieces of the puzzle. The chase out of Basswood was on. He took a chance to change his destiny and ended up on a wild ride to solve the most important mystery of his life.

PRAISE

“The imaginative world created by the author is especially fun. Some animals can talk (with attitude!), magic is in the air and emu-like creatures provide fast transportation. Yes, I realize this series is for children- and they can certainly read it. Just as soon as I’m finished.” – Amazon Reviewer 5 stars

I enjoyed reading these books. Great for young adults, even though I’m an adult. I would recommend this series to those kids who like a good adventure…” – Amazon Reviewer 5 stars

“A simple walk into the world of furry and fairy alike. Enjoyed the character building, as the young boy finds himself in a world with furry pirates, and a feisty fairy princess. Even the villains (as a group,) were only bad because of the main villain of the piece. all in all a nice intro to a simply enchanted world. Hope to see more…” – Amazon Reviewer 4 stars

ORDER YOUR COPY

Amazon → https://amzn.to/3okMyYh

 



No comments:

Post a Comment