Monday, May 24, 2021

Authors To Watch: Interview with TK Ray Author of BIRD'S EYE VIEW #authorstowatch #interview

 


 




“Write what hurts and watch it heal.” That is the mantra that has empowered the imagination and willpower to tell her story for upcoming Author, TK Ray. Using colorful language and descriptive tone, Tk provides a safe space to unpack a beautiful and twisted tale based on a true story of real family dynamics.

TK Ray was born in San Diego, California to a fifteen-year-old mother and fourteen-year-old father in the late eighties. Born to two young teens, TK found herself tainted by the statistics of becoming a teen mother herself. She found solace in the world of literature as her own private journals became her voice when shyness took over.  She began to understand the world in more intuitive way and birthed that intuition into an imagination that has fueled much of her writing. Much of her writing is personal however as the years have gone by, have included poetry, music, obituaries, blog posts and now literature.

TK is a certified Holistic Health Practitioner and practicing Massage Therapist in southern California. She fuses her knowledge in holistic health with that of her knowledge of her bachelor’s degree in health science to better serve her community in wellness and education. Her wellness blog embodies all of who she is as she has expanded on her writing style to help others follow their passion, peace and purpose. Tk’s writing style is sure to leave you on the edge of your seat as she paints a portrait of pain drawn out by the light in her own fighting spirit.

WEBSITE & SOCIAL LINKS:

WEBSITE | FACEBOOK






Title: BIRDS EYE VIEW
Author: T.K. Ray
Publisher: Independent
Pages: 103
Genre: Fiction/Family

BOOK BLURB:

A Bird’s Eye View is a twisted tale of deception with acts of love overshadowed by the pains of a trouble teen. As traces of laughter and love are left amongst the whispers of chilling prayers, this once tight knit family faces a rollercoaster of emotions and a call to heal. This blindsided attack leaves the family devastated and takes this family on a journey none of them could prepare for.

Praise

“If you are looking for an edge of your seat, what happens next, I can’t stop reading book, well STOP & LOOK NO FURTHER. This is exactly the book you are looking for. As you are reading you will be able to vividly paint a picture as you turn the pages, diving deeper and deeper into the story. It’s so good you could read it over and still have the excitement as if it were the first time. Trust me, you won’t be disappointed.” – AMAZON READER/REVIEWER

This book was a great read! The family dynamic in this book took me through all kinds of emotions that families have! The writing was amazing and very descriptive! Highly recommend it!” – AMAZON READER/REVIEWER

What an amazing read. I love the short chapters because I have a hard time putting a book down in the middle of a chapter. Very easy to read and such an amazing story. WOW….Very well written and easy to follow. I hope there is a 2nd book soon. You can tell that the author poured her heart out and really wanted to capture the reader. I recommend this book 100000%.” – AMAZON READER/REVIEWER

ORDER YOUR COPY

Amazon → https://amzn.to/3uDCSu0


We welcome you to My Bookish Pleasures! Can you tell us how you got started writing fiction?

The idea to write the story came to me while working as a massage therapist. The story is based on true events, however I had to be creative and add realistic emotional upsets that families really go through.

Describe your writing process. Do you plot or write by the seat of your pants? When and where do you write?

My writing style includes wine. LOL. Malbec to be exact. Kidding! Not really. I do enjoy a glass when I begin my writing process to just allow things to be fluid and allow my mind to go where it needs to go to embody the emotion I intended. My process first included a mind map. Physically dumping all contents I’d like to have in the story and piecing in together like a puzzle.

Can you tell us about your most recent release?

My only release is Bird’s Eye View at this time. I do plan to release another book by the end of this year.

How did you get the idea for the book?

The story is inspired by true events and I wanted to brig the story to life to bring comfort to other families.

Of all your characters, which one is your favorite? Why?

My favorite character is Mirabel. Her character background and build up  was one that I had fun writing because I was able to really express the emotions of a young mother, a woman, wife and daughter. As women we deal with so much on a daily basis. Writing her character helped me to see my own strength as a woman and the strength of the women around me.

What was the most challenging aspect of writing your book?

The most challenging aspect was writing about death and the thoughts and feelings that one would imagine one would feel preceding the final calls of death.

What projects are you currently working on?

I am working on another book and a daily journal as well as a YouTube channel! I have a lot in me I am trying to get out creatively!

What advice would you offer to new or aspiring fiction authors?

Have patience with yourself and your process. Writing is a personal loan to the world that is the most beautiful return on your investment. Once you hold your book in your hands you will understand that you have made your mark on the world. There are a million and one books out there, a million and one stories, but only one YOU, tell you story your way, the world will adjust!




No comments:

Post a Comment