Sunday, February 28, 2021

Authors To Watch: Fenyx Blue Author of BATTLE OF THE BULLIES #authorstowatch


 



Bold, Loving, Unapologetic, and Evolving
 are words to describe Fenyx Blue.

Ms. Blue is an author, Youtuber (FENYX BLUE INK), speaker, ministry leader, mentor, instructional coach  and her school district’s former “Those Who Excel” Teacher of the Year.

Ms. Blue is a soldier in the Blue Fenyx movement encouraging every phoenix in the world to rise up.  Blue’s mission is to inspire, motivate and educate.  Blue speaks to audiences about their purpose and power and works to coach other authors through their journey to become published. Her novels are tools for teachers while being candy for students.

Fenyx Blue has penned four books in her poetic collection in which she shares true life tales and lessons:  Her first Young Adult novel entitled Who Failed Johnny? (Book 1 of The Triplet Trilogy), second YA novel Battle of the Bullies, a Children’s book called Worth the Weight: A Rare Gem, and a Poetry Book by the name of The Blue Ink Movement. With the help of her extended family and friends network, her self-published books will touch many lives this year.   Fenyx wants to paint the whole world BLUE.

WEBSITE & SOCIAL LINKS:

Website: https://fenyxblueink.wixsite.com/website

Twitter: @FenyxBlueInk

Facebook: Fenyx Blue Ink: Blue Writers Block https://www.facebook.com/fenyxblueink/

Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/fenyxblueink

 






Title: BATTLE OF THE BULLIES
Author: Fenyx Blue
Publisher: Wisdom Works, LLC.
Pages: 301
Genre: Young Adult Fiction

BOOK BLURB:

Ebony, Eris, and Emani Robertson have been through so much more than most high school freshmen. When they were younger, they survived a school shooting that killed their friend and left their oldest sister unable to speak. After giving homeschooling a try, they enroll in a promising new academy, hoping for the best.

The Robertson triplets soon discover, however, that their new classmates are anything but kind. A mysterious group of bullies known as the Dimes rules the hallways and spreads fear everywhere they go. All three sisters end up being targets of the gang and have to find a way to defend themselves. Can they bring down the Dimes while trying to make it through the ninth grade?

ORDER YOUR COPY

https://amzn.to/31TVLNa

https://amzn.to/33U2WXc

https://amzn.to/2U5stXS

https://amzn.to/31TVLNa

Other Books by Fenyx Blue

The Blue Ink Movement

Worth the Weight: A Rare Jem

Who Failed Johnny?


We welcome you to My Bookish Pleasures! Can you tell us how you got started writing fiction?

Poetry was my original writing genre as a child.  Because of the encouragement I received from my audience in college, I began to write full stories.  What once was narrative poetry became fiction.  Yet, I can’t help but throw a poem into each story I write.

Describe your writing process. Do you plot or write by the seat of your pants? When and where do you write?

If it is a novel, I have a rough plan.  I know where the story is going.  I usually know the climax first.  My characters are alive in my mind with backstories, feelings, and goals.  It is simply my job to tell their stories and to introduce them to my readers.

Can you tell us about your most recent release?  

Battle of The Bullies is a work of young adult fiction about a group of bullies who enjoy torturing their classmates.  They meet the Robertson triplets who are not willing to be bullied or to stand by while others are bullied.  The battle begins.

How did you get the idea for the book?  

We had a group of naughty girls at our school that were building a bad reputation for themselves in 6th grade.  I thought of how their actions could potentially be in the future if they stayed on the path that they were on.  The question that started me writing was what would it take to stop a group of bullies?

Of all your characters, which one is your favorite? Why?

Eris is a tomboy like I was as a young girl.  I love her honesty, her confidence and her drive.  She is not motivated by getting attention from boys.  She wants to be her best for herself.  I was that girl with all of the male friends outside playing basketball by their sides.  When one of them said they had a crush on me, I was confused just like Eris is when she gets attention from boys.  I remember thinking why would this person want to ruin a perfectly good friendship by trying to date...Yuck!...lol.

What was the most challenging aspect of writing your book?

I always want to truly capture my male characters even when they are background characters so I do research as a teacher and mother to see what is going on with teenage boys.  I asked for feedback from the boys that I teach and my own son to make sure that I captured their hearts and minds. 

What projects are you currently working on?

I am most proud that I have the opportunity to help other authors to publish their books.  I have always wanted to help young authors to publish their works of fiction because I wish I had a mentor or guide to help me as a teenager.  There are very gifted people out there with stories to tell that simply need someone to serve as their cheerleader.  I am an author cheerleader.  I am helping my authors to win while writing my own stories.  Book III of The Triplet Trilogy is on its way.  It will tell the tale of what happens a few years later after the Battle of The Bullies.

What advice would you offer to new or aspiring fiction authors?

If you are hearing whispers that you should write, listen to them.  If you are worried about writing an entire book, just start with the first sentence or the title.  If you have published a book and you are feeling like no one has noticed, give them time.  Keep writing.  You are a success once you decide to tell your story.  Don’t worry about best seller lists, reviews, or presales.  A great writer is one that makes an impact.  Do that!

 



No comments:

Post a Comment