Sunday, February 14, 2021

Authors To Watch: A.S. Fenichel Author of CAPTURING THE EARL #authorstowatch

 


 



A.S. Fenichel gave up a successful IT career in New York City to follow her husband to Texas and pursue her lifelong dream of being a professional writer. She’s never looked back.

A.S. adores writing stories filled with love, passion, desire, magic and maybe a little mayhem tossed in for good measure. Books have always been her perfect escape and she still relishes diving into one and staying up all night to finish a good story.

Originally from New York, she grew up in New Jersey, and now lives in Missouri with her real life hero, her wonderful husband. When not reading or writing she enjoys cooking, travel, history, and puttering in her garden.

WEBSITE & SOCIAL LINKS

Website: http://asfenichel.com

Blog: http://asfenichel.com/blog

Twitter: https://twitter.com/asfenichel

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/A.S.Fenichel







Title: CAPTURING THE EARL
Author: A.S. Fenichel
Publisher: Kensington
Pages: 250
Genre: Regency Romance


The friendship of four young ladies has created an indestructible bond to protect one another from the perils of love and marriage . . .

After the demise of her friend’s disastrous marriage, Mercedes Parsons isn’t about to let the widowed Wallflower of West Lane, Lady Aurora Radcliff, undertake another perilous trip to the altar. At least, not before the bridegroom-to-be is thoroughly investigated. If only Mercy could stop her uncharacteristic daydreaming about Wesley Renshaw’s charm, his intellect, his dashing good looks. After all, the earl has already set his sights on her best friend! She must keep her wits about her and avoid giving into temptation.

Wesley is both irritated and intrigued by the machinations of Mercy—He cannot let her cleverness and beauty distract him. He needs to marry her friend, Aurora, so he can reclaim his family’s ancestral home. A wrong he has hoped to right his entire life. Besides, who is penniless spinster Mercedes Parsons to decide whom he can and cannot marry? Yet while he admires her unwavering loyalty to her friends, he decides it’s high time the misguided woman had a dose of her own medicine. Two can play at this spying game. But they are both embarked on a dangerous charade. And it won’t be merely Mercy’s reputation at risk—or her heart on the line—as Wesley comes to the inescapable conclusion that he has found the right woman at exactly the wrong time.

ORDER YOUR COPY

Amazon → https://amzn.to/3bbrq2h

Barnes & Noble → https://bit.ly/398BHcF


We welcome you to My Bookish Pleasures! Can you tell us how you got started writing fiction?

Thank you for having me at My Bookish Pleasures. I’m thrilled to be here.

I always had stories in my head. I was the kid who made up the pretend game and got yelled at in school for daydreaming. One day, in my early twenties, I was reading a book (I think it was a Star Trek book) and I thought, “I can do this better.” That was it. I started writing my own stories down. It took many, many years before I was good enough to get published.

Describe your writing process. Do you plot or write by the seat of your pants? When and where do you write?

I usually write the first chapter or two and then plot out a full outline of the book. It gives me a chance to get to know my characters before I decide their fate. LOL

I write on a laptop and like to either sit in the recliner in my office, usually with a cat, or if the weather is good, I will write on the porch. I’m not a big fan of creating at my desk. I always think I’ll write in the morning, but usually it’s the afternoon that finds me tapping away with new content. The morning’s are spent on social media, interviews, email and other writerly things.

Can you tell us about your most recent release?

Capturing the Earl is book three in the Wallflowers of West Lane series. It can be read as a stand alone, but you’ll love the first two books as well.

The friendship of four young ladies has created an indestructible bond to protect one another from the perils of love and marriage . . .
 
After the demise of her friend’s disastrous marriage, Mercedes Parsons isn’t about to let the widowed Wallflower of West Lane, Lady Aurora Radcliff, undertake another perilous trip to the altar. At least, not before the bridegroom-to-be is thoroughly investigated. If only Mercy could stop her uncharacteristic daydreaming about Wesley Renshaw’s charm, his intellect, his dashing good looks. After all, the earl has already set his sights on her best friend! She must keep her wits about her and avoid giving into temptation.
 
Wesley is both irritated and intrigued by the machinations of Mercy—He cannot let her cleverness and beauty distract him. He needs to marry her friend, Aurora, so he can reclaim his family’s ancestral home. A wrong he has hoped to right his entire life. Besides, who is penniless spinster Mercedes Parsons to decide whom he can and cannot marry? Yet while he admires her unwavering loyalty to her friends, he decides it’s high time the misguided woman had a dose of her own medicine. Two can play at this spying game. But they are both embarked on a dangerous charade. And it won’t be merely Mercy’s reputation at risk—or her heart on the line—as Wesley comes to the inescapable conclusion that he has found the right woman at exactly the wrong time.

Of all your characters, which one is your favorite? Why?

This is a very hard question. I love them all like my children.

Poppy from The Earl Not Taken is brave and bold. She has a whole series of made-up curses like “Hades breath” that she tosses out constantly. She’s clumsy and funny and I love her so.

Faith from Misleading A Duke is full of passion that she keeps under tight control. She’s self-conscious and always wants to please everyone. She’s ferociously loyal to those she loves. How can anyone not adore her?

Mercy from Capturing the Earl is an orphan and has no dowry. She’s extremely talented as a musician and some people take advantage of her. I adore how strong and foorgiving she is.

Aurora from Not Even For a Duke (not yet published) is the catalyst for the entire series. She has been misused and battered and there is so much pain and fear inside her. Everyone will be rooting for her to find her Happily Ever After and so will I.

What projects are you currently working on?

I’m writing book 4 in The Wallflowers of West Lane, Not Even For a Duke and have a secret project that is NOT historical Romance. So, stay tuned.

What advice would you offer to new or aspiring fiction authors?

Join a writing group. Hone your craft. If you have a marketing degree all the better and call me. LOL I need all the help I can get with marketing. Keep writing no matter what and when things get bad and you think it will never work out, ask yourself this: If you knew right now that you would never make a living writing, would you keep doing it? If the answer is yes, then all the rest doesn’t matter. Work hard and smart, educate yourself and it will pay off. 






No comments:

Post a Comment