Sunday, October 25, 2020

Interview with E.M. Power, Author MY LIONS' DEN


E. M. (Eva Marie) Power, was born and lived for the first nine-years of her life on the
Island of Guam.  She was adopted at birth and raised by a single Guamanian woman, Alfonsina Manyanona Duenas from the Southern Village of Talofofo, Guam.  E. M. (Eva Marie) Power moved stateside to Southern California at the age of nine and it is where she currently resides.  She is the mother of six children and the grandmother of four.  Just like she describes in this book, if ever in a Lions’ Den (life trial) she will always choose Faith! 

WEBSITE & SOCIAL LINKS:

Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/evalitamarie

Instagram

https://www.instagram.com/authorempower/?hl=en


Welcome to My Bookish Pleasures. We would love to get to know you and your book! When did you begin writing?

I began writing this book about a week after my official last day of work due to a layoff because of the pandemic.

Describe your writing process. When and where do you write?

I wrote this book on my laptop at my dining room table.  I am a single fulltime mother of three young children, so I would do most of my writing after they went to sleep.  I have since gotten an office desk and chair.  I write from there now.

Can you tell us about your most recent release?

This book, “My Lions’ Den,” is my first, only and most recent release.

How did you get the idea for the book?

I was compelled to write this story.  Honestly, it wasn’t my idea.  Personally, I would not have chosen to write this autobiographical book if ever.  I certainly, wouldn’t have made it my first piece of work.  I prayed about it and this was what I was instructed to write.

What was the most challenging aspect of writing your book?

The most challenging aspect was being a first time author and not knowing the process.  Also, I had not realized how many times I would have to read this book.  I am certain I have read it at least 15 times during the process.

Do you find it easier to write nonfiction?

Absolutely!  A nonfiction book is already written.  It just needs to be typed into a word document.

Do you have plans to write fiction?

HECK YEAH!  I cannot wait to write fiction books.  I am even going to challenge myself to write all different genres.

What projects are you currently working on?

I am currently working on my first fiction book.  It will be a Crime Mystery

What advice would you offer to new or aspiring nonfiction authors?

I would say, don’t overthink it or even give it much thought.  You will revise and think about it enough in the process.  Just start to write it.  It will take on a life of its’ own!

 


This is my personal story of my trial with Domestic Abuse.  This book was not intended to sensationalize Domestic Abuse.  It is not to portray my abuser in a bad light or as an enemy.  Abuse has no prejudices.  Abuse may occur no matter a person’s religion, non-religion, race, economic income level, profession, culture, gender, or age.  Abuse may happen at any time and to anyone.  Yes, that means you too.  If you think you would never be the victim of abuse, you risk being gravely mistaken (pun intended).  Domestic Abuse may take place within any relationship type.  There is no formula, medicine, vaccine, proven theory, amount of therapy, answer or cure.  The abuser is not always someone that had ever been a victim themselves.  The abuser is not always someone that has witnessed violence or abuse.  By sharing my personal story, I hope to give you a better understanding of abuse in order to prevent this life trial to be your story too.

ORDER YOUR COPY

Amazon → https://amzn.to/31OZXhA

No comments:

Post a Comment