Thursday, September 27, 2018

Authors To Watch: Shawn M. Beasley, Author of Killing the Rougarou






Author Shawn Beasley was born and raised in small town Louisiana. She has a BSRN and has traveled the world only to return to the same small town where she was raised. Shawn has three grown children, one girl and two sons. She lives with her oldest son and grandson and has three other grandchildren that she adores. She has two fur babies, Pete and Taz. Killing the Rougarou is her debut novel and is the first book in a series of five. She is a member of Romance Writers of America.

WEBSITE & SOCIAL LINKS:

WEBSITE | TWITTER | FACEBOOK




Author Shawn Beasley captivates readers with the enthralling saga of two southern families-the
Gauthiers from the South Louisiana bayou country and the Thomases from rural Texas-and the nightmare that will ultimately touch them both. In her sweeping and richly evocative novel, Beasley unfolds two remarkable family histories, populated by unforgettable, deeply human characters, and then rocks their worlds with tragedy and true horror. A novel that succeeds brilliantly on many levels, Killing the Rougarou is, at once, moving and terrifying, tense and thrilling, while capturing the sights, sounds, and vibrant life of Louisiana's Cajun country and Brazos County, Texas.

ORDER YOUR COPY:

Amazon / iUniverse / B&N





We welcome you to My Bookish Pleasures! Can you tell us how you got started writing fiction? 

My ex-husband had been diagnosed with cancer and so while he had his treatments, I spent a lot of time in the hospital library. A story began to form in my heart as he healed.

Describe your writing process. Do you plot or write by the seat of your pants? When and where do you write? 

I start with an idea and then I am chaotic and type away, something will start to form in all the madness and I will begin to know my story. I don’t always know the whole story but I will know a good portion. I usually write on my couch, drinking a Diet Dr. Pepper and holding one of my dogs.

Can you tell us about your most recent release? 

The central theme to my story is a young girl is kidnapped, molested and left for dead. She survives the ordeal and grows into a beauty but has mental scars. Her attacker is caught and put in prison. He is released years later, time served no parole. He is fixated with her and wants to have her again. She has grown up and met the hero. Their courtship is stormy because of her past. The bad guy takes her again and is killed. She breaks it off with the hero to heal. They eventually reconcile and have a happily ever after. The epilogue sets up for book 2 in the series.

How did you get the idea for the book? 

As I wrote earlier, I was at the hospital library, reading a suspense book where the victim died...I thought what if the person lived, where would the story go? 

Of all your characters, which one is your favorite? Why? 

Tally Mcneely, He is my book boyfriend! I constantly had to take things away from him and give to my hero! I loved writing about him.

What was the most challenging aspect of writing your book? 

EDITING

What projects are you currently working on? 

Rougarou Series books 2-5

What advice would you offer to new or aspiring fiction authors? 

Don’t give up!

No comments:

Post a Comment