Thursday, June 21, 2018

Authors To Watch: Kevin M. Villegas, Author of The Sunwright Chronicles @sunwrightcron



I have been writing for as long as I can remember. My ongoing series The Sunwright Chronicles is a culmination of fifteen years of creating a unique living world with a rich history. I am currently writing the third book in the series. Besides writing I enjoy computer gaming, reading, playing the guitar and watching the history and science channels. My favorite activity though, is hanging out with my awesome family.
My latest book is the fantasy, The Sunwright Chronicles: A New World.

SOCIAL LINKS:

 TWITTER | FACEBOOK





The Sunwright Chronicles : A New World, takes place in the world called Alavar, the Sunwrights a mostly Magical family made up of Paris Sunwright, Suadela Sunwright, Calia Sunwright, Tobias &
Jaedus Sunwright and last but not least Pershing Sunwright, have all arrived from a long but bitter stay from modern earth. Alavar is a fresh new world, so the Sunwrights are directed to stay away from the "creators as they work" young Jaedus Sunwright is discovered to be a "necromancer" the most powerful type of mage.
Paris Sunwright the patriarch of the family takes it upon himself to train her before she accidentally kills anyone in the family with her wild powers. Conflict ensues between Suadela, Paris's wife and young Jaedus before Paris can take Jaedus away to be trained. We skip ahead in time and Jaedus is trained properly, The "Creators" are long done with their work and the Sunwrights decide to reside with the elves of the world. The Sunwrights help teach the Elves many things. It is not long before it is discovered there is a sickness amongst the elves, called the soul disease. Because of her special powers Jaedus Sunwright is the best fitted to help combat this disease, only a few elves succumb to the disease, one being the wife of the second most prominent Elf in the land.
Now we move forward, the Elves are prospering the soul disease is gone, the population boom for the Elves has produced several distinct tribes amongst them. A power struggle ensues, in which the first murder occurs in the land, leading to the breakup of the tribes into separate nations and the very real possibility of war.

ORDER YOUR COPY:

Amazon



Can you tell us how you got started writing fiction?

Yes I was about 6, I started writing short stories and as I got older those stories got longer and longer with better developed characters and more developed worlds to house them.

Describe your writing process. Do you plot or write by the seat of your pants? When and where do you write?

I write without any planning on what is going to happen to one of my characters. So yes I write by the seat of my pants. I write in my office, my usual set up is starting itunes plugging in my headphones and going to work!

Can you tell us about your most recent release?

The Sunwright Chronicles: A New World, finds the Sunwright Family, outcasts from an unloving modern earth, whisked away to a brand-new world or plane where they will be more at home, they are given instructions on what to expect and what not to meddle with as they are the first living beings on the world. As for the rest reading the book will give you A LOT more insight 😊.

How did you get the idea for the book?

I’ve had the idea for the Sunwright Chronicles for over 18 years now, I previously wrote a book that didn’t come through the way I wanted, it started in the middle of the series and was not streamlined or edited the way I liked. So I decided to start over from the beginning, the inspirations for the book are mostly historical, Greek and Spartan Culture for the Elves, very un-typical mages, political intrigue, romance and murder all mixed together. 

Of all your characters, which one is your favorite? Why?

Jaedus Sunwright, she is very, very powerful and simply doesn’t care what people think of her.

What was the most challenging aspect of writing your book?

Finding the time to write, between having a wonderful family, and other hobbies including playing the guitar, working full time and computer gaming time can be scarce, but I always find time to write.

What projects are you currently working on?

The Third book of the series. 

What advice would you offer to new or aspiring fiction authors?

Keep your head up, don’t let anything discourage you from writing. Keep on clicking those keyboards and someone will listen, read, and enjoy your books, the most difficult part is keeping it up, which I know you can do, just have faith in yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment