Friday, June 23, 2017

AUTHORS TO WATCH: DIANA SIMS AUTHOR OF FOREVER KING: SURVIVING THE LOSS OF MY UNBORN CHILD





As a self-publishing author, Diana Sims has felt compelled to share her journey regarding the loss of her son, and the miracle that took place after his passing. She simply wants to let other women, who have lost children, know that there is still light at the end of the tunnel.

Aimed primarily at all mothers ranging from teenagers to the older women, Forever King: Surviving the Loss of My Unborn Child particularly addresses those who have lost a child, no matter the circumstance.

Diana is committed to humanitarian services whether in her field or position. She worked for many years helping customers keep their homes from foreclosure during the economic fall in 2008. Currently, she is assisting physicians and patients as a Patient Liaison. Diana is a California native and resides in Southern California with her loving husband Cory Sims, and three handsome Kings in training: Isaiah, Solomon, and Anthony Sims.

WEBSITE & SOCIAL LINKS:

WEBSITE | TWITTER | FACEBOOK




Title: FOREVER KING: SURVIVING THE LOSS OF MY UNBORN CHILD
Author: Diana Sims
Publisher: Forever King Publishing
Pages: 78
Genre: Inspirational/Self-Help

Sims life has been one of a survivor… a survivor of grief and distraught after having lost a child. Today, she is using the journey, to help other women, who have had similar experience of losing a child, whether through early pregnancy, miscarriage or stillbirth, to have hope.

Watch the book trailer at YouTube.

FOR MORE INFORMATION:

Amazon | Barnes & Noble




Tell us a little about yourself. When did you begin writing?
 
I wrote poetry all the time as a child. For this project, I begin writing almost three years ago, journeying the events after the loss of my son.

Describe your writing process. Do you plot or write by the seat of your pants? When and where do you write? 

I am a Pantster. I love to write as I go, I believe it is more organic and authentic.

Can you tell us about your most recent release? 

This is my first book. It is about the loss of my unborn son King Josiah Sims. How I handled the loss, what took place in my life after the loss, and getting through pregnancy after the loss of my son.

How did you get the idea for the book? 

Someone dear to me that helped me through my loss of King, lost their son full time and delivered him stillborn. This gave me the courage to share my story so others would know they are not alone and this happens more often than we speak about.

What was the most challenging aspect of writing your book? 

Having to re-live that whole experience over again to ensure the transparency was emotions were fresh and the readers can see into my life during that time.

Which authors have inspired your writing? 

Cindy Trimm and her devotionals. One of my favorite books from her is commanding your morning. It was a pivotal read during the recovery of losing my son.

What advice would you offer to new or aspiring authors? 

I would say, stay true to yourself. You are trying to convey your heart and life journey to the world. Let them see you through your eyes… Do not try to copy anyone else.


No comments:

Post a Comment