Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Authors To Watch: Cyci Cade, author of 'Tut Reborn'





Cyci Cade is writer and blogger; she has a Marketing degree. She´s the author of Tut Reborn and short stories as Perhaps Love, Son of Egypt, and The boys and the Dragon.

For More Information



In 1323 BC, Egypt’s youngest King died at age 19 after 10 years on the throne. But, what if the story has not ended?

You know the story of Pharaoh Tutankhamun and ancient Egypt. Are you ready for a new fantastical twist?

When Akhenaton is killed, Tutankhamun becomes the new pharaoh. The boy king has to face many enemies and struggle to prove that he is capable of ruling Egypt. He fights uncountable enemies, but he can´t fight the one that is in his palace. 

A woman seems to have the power to change his life; he is in love for the first time in his life. 
However, he has to decide if he´ll pick love over his duties as Pharaoh. Will he do that?  

Tutankhamun has to make difficult decisions and sacrifice his happiness to protect Egypt. He realizes that love and power are incompatible things.

When Khufu, a cruel pharaoh and the embodiment of the god of chaos, is resurrected, he must fight fantastical deities against unimaginable odds. Facing defeat, Tut calls on the gods Horus, Thoth, Ra and Anhur to help him defeat Khufu to save Maya and the people of his kingdom.

For More Information

  • Tut Reborn is available at Amazon.



Tell us a little about yourself.

I´m blogger and writer. I live in Brazil with my family and a cat named Angel. I published some fantasy novels in Brazil and decided to explore the international market. It has worked well; the readers and bloggers have been nice to me. 

I spend part of my mornings in the gym and the rest of my days in my home office, working on my books and blog.  

I love science fiction and fantasy movies and books. I like neurolinguistic programming books too. Our brain is fascinating and reveals many things.  
 
When did you begin writing?

My interest in writing started around the fifth grade, but this activity remained dormant during high school, and college. I didn´t have time to write. After college, I started to write articles for magazines, newspapers, and blogs.  

Describe your writing process. Do you plot or write by the seat of your pants? When and where do you write?

Usually, I have the main idea and characters in my mind, as well the chapters. As I write, the story develops and I type without stopping to edit or make the necessary arrangements. I do it later. Sometimes I need to change, delete, or add something.

I write everyday (from Monday to Friday). Usually, it is my first task in my home office.

Can you tell us about your most recent release?

Tut Reborn is a fantasy book, a mix of true facts and fantasy, a paranormal twist of Tutankhamun´s history. There are so much mystery around the boy king´s life and ancient Egypt. The culture, gods, and beliefs are fascinating. 

Do you believe that ancient society has many things in common with our culture? 

Tutankhamun faces many dangers and has to deal with the gods to protect Egypt. He has to sacrifice his life, his happiness to rule a kingdom with many problems and a plague that is killing his people.
When he finds love, he is betrayed, challenged, and defeated. He has to face fantastical deities and unimaginable gods. 

How did you get the idea for the book?

I watched Tut series and fell in love with the boy king´s history. I loved the series and wondered what would have happened if Tutankhamun hadn´t died so soon. I couldn´t conform to his premature death. So, I decided to give him another chance and different experiences. 

Of all your characters, which one is your favorite? Why?

Tutankhamun. I tried to picture him as a common man who has dreams, fears, and insecurities. Nobody is perfect; he isn´t either. Even so, he is loving, brave, and intriguing. 

What was the most challenging aspect of writing your book?

For sure the research was the most challenging aspect. There are so many gods and the information isn´t accurate. Sometimes it´s so confusing, but it has the good side. I had room to shape the story according to my imagination.   

Which authors have inspired your writing?

I love many authors, but Dan Brown, Philip Pullman, and Veronica Roth are the ones who give me inspiration to write. 

What projects are you currently working on?

Ravenswood Publishing will release Dragon´s Quest in 2017. The book tells the story of two cursed princes and a girl; they must go to the Palace of Jade to recover the eye of the dragon and break the curse. To accomplish their task, they must fight mythological creatures and immortal warriors.

I´m working on the sequence of Son of Egypt – A Novella too. It tells the story of a girl, Adele, who falls in love with the embodiment of the god of war. Anhuren returns to the world of the living to recover the Eye of Horus, but his encounter with Adele changes his plans.  

What advice would you offer to new or aspiring authors?

Writing isn´t only a gift; you must practice. It´s a talent that must be developed. Take creative writing classes, be in touch with other authors, and attend workshops, books fairs, seminars… Once you have learned the techniques, give wings to your imagination. Don´t be afraid to write.

No comments:

Post a Comment