Monday, August 1, 2016

Authors To Watch: Uzo Okoye, author of 'Missing Piece'







Little did Uzo Okoye know what God had in store for her when six years ago, she was awakened by a restlessness that persisted. Thus, would begin a journey of many doubts, frustrations, in an attempt to discern answers.

During this time of unsettledness and a deep cry for real answers, surprisingly she is ignited with a desire to write, the answers that formed the basis of a book idea.

No sooner, risking leaving the familiar, her comfort zone and stepping into the unknown, Uzo began the challenging but exciting work of writing her debut fiction novel, ‘Missing Piece’.

Forever grateful to God for entrusting her with this gift, she looks forward to hearing the many testimonies of how ‘Missing Piece’ inspires hope and produces lasting peace, joy and new way of living realised through a personal encounter and walk with Jesus Christ.

Missing Piece will be published in June 2016 and will be available on Amazon, Apple and other retailers where mentioned. The ebook is currently available for pre order on Apple, Kobo and other retailers. 

Uzo is a Management graduate from the University of Port Harcourt in Nigeria, and currently works as an IT professional in the United Kingdom.

She is a member of the dynamic and flourishing church Kings Court Chapel, located in Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire under the senior leadership of Pastor Sola and Pastor Tumise Ewedemi. On Sundays, she enjoys using her gift of teaching Kingdom truths to the delightful and inquisitive kids aged seven and eight.

Married to Ejike Okoye, the couple share their home with their three beautiful children in Hemel Hempstead, the eastern part of England.

For More Information


John Williams' picture perfect life is stripped apart, piece by piece and lies in a crumpled heap, just after he finds true fulfilment. And to make matters worse, a troubling dark secret from his past returns to haunt him.  
 
Will John accept his new reality? Is he brave enough to fight for the truth? Or will the enticement to return to his seemingly perfect past prove too much of a temptation to resist?

For More Information

  • Missing Piece is available at Amazon.



Tell us a little about yourself?

I grew up in Nigeria, went to boarding school very far away from home. Being a last child It was difficult at first, but turned out to be an incredible experience for me and a strong foundation for my formative adult years. I am truly grateful for the experience, as it has helped shape me into the woman I am today. I now live with my husband - Ejike - and three kids in the United Kingdom, and work as an IT Business Analyst/ Project Manager.

When did you begin writing? 

I am a late comer to the writing scene. ‘Missing Piece’ in a sense is a debut in various forms. I did a lot of reading as a child though… you know your typical book worm.  Having said that, my profession involves a lot of writing - producing documents etc

Describe your writing process. Do you plot or write by the seat of your pants? When and where do you write?

 It is scary because I write by the seat of my pants without an outline.  All I know at the beginning, is the one sentence which summarises my book.  As I peck at the laptop, I am amazed at the places I am taken to. It’s kind of like visiting a city for the first time, the only difference is you have never heard of that city and I am astonished at what it has to offer.

How did you get the idea for the book?

Hmm… was inspired by a colleague at work. I didn’t know how best to communicate provoking questions about the meaning of life. So I went away to study more on the subject, and it was the answers I got that I used to pen ‘Missing Piece.’

Of all your characters, which one is your favorite? Why?

Without a doubt John Williams. It’s his journey that I find inspiring. By the , I never knew there is a famous John Williams! Purely coincidental.

What is your favorite scene in Missing Piece?

My favorite scene is where all appears to be lost to Amy. It tears me up each time.

What was the most challenging aspect of writing your book?

Editing the book! Time consuming, painstaking, however I absolutely love how the book takes shape as it goes through this process. For me it’s like when an artist carves out little pieces at a time from his structure, until the final sculpture is complete. A bit of a contradiction, something I love and hate - kind of like John Williams experience. (She  laughs)

What projects are you currently working on? 

I am working on two books. I am so excited about them. I have a challenge though in the research process for one of the books, which is frustrating but there has got to be a way…

What advice would you offer to new or aspiring authors?

 Trust your instinct.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for having me here bookishpleasures!!!

    ReplyDelete