Thursday, October 27, 2016

Confessions of 'Transgression' Jannette Fuller


Jannette Fuller loves spending time with the Lord and her family. She's a fangirl of everything lovely, and always tries to see the best in everyone, except for the villains in her YA series Ambrosial Acres.

When she’s not blogging or writing her latest article, she listens to sermons while sweating away unwanted calories, cleans the house until it sparkles, laughs at the silliest things, and enjoys the outdoors, especially her daily walks through the enchanted forest.

Of course there’s more to be said, but then her bio would end up being a memoir.
For More Information
About the Book:


Agent Yagil faces the fight of his calling as a Guardian Angel. His newest assignment is going to take every bit of perseverance and patience he has.

Seventeen year old Amber Reynolds is looking for some freedom and independence from her rigid lifestyle. Going behind her parents’ back, she takes a part-time job at the renowned inn located within Ambrosial Acres.

As Agent Yagil watches over Amber, he discovers things are not what they seem. Despite its wondrous beauty, Ambrosial Acres hides a dark and supernatural secret.

Between Amber’s new coworker crushes, her menacing stalker, a mysterious online stranger, and the evil agents out to lead her down a path of self destruction, Agent Yagil struggles to keep her safe. To keep her from using her freewill that will bring harm to herself--and others.

Will Agent Yagil succeed?

Or will his shortcomings get in the way?

Transgression is available at Amazon.

Tell us a little about yourself. 

I’m a wife and mother, and the author of Transgression (my debut novel). 
When did you begin writing? 

I started writing about seven years ago. During my enrollment at Liberty University (online) an unexpected passion led me down another path. After reading all the Twilight novels by Stephenie Meyer, I desired to write my own book, even though I’ve never taken creative writing classes, majored in English, or had any knowledge pertaining to the world of writing and publishing.
Describe your writing process. Do you plot or write by the seat of your pants? When and where do you write? 

Actually, I do both. I guess you can say I’m a hybrid: pantster/plotter. When I do plot, I do so by using bullet points, making sure to insert major events, locations, and then filling in all the details once I start writing. What really helps me, though, is creating character profiles and making a timeline so that all the events are in order, helping the story flow the best it can. I usually write in bed or in the living room.
Can you tell us about your most recent release? 

Sure, I’d love to. Transgression is a YA novel infused with mystery, suspense, and supernatural elements. It’s also the first in a series: Ambrosial Acres. The story is based on freewill and the consequences of one’s choices. It portrays the evil forces (both spiritual and mundane) that try to persuade humans to sin. In this case, seventeen-year-old Amber Reynolds is being persuaded by the agents of disobedience, lust, deception, and fear.
How did you get the idea for the book? 

I got it from the Bible, which talks about spiritual warfare, and how supernatural forces war against our souls. I used my own struggles and limitations of depression, anxiety, rejection (bondage) to write the story as well. 
Of all your characters, which one is your favorite? Why? 

I love them all, but Agent Yagil (Amber’s guardian angel and the POV of the story) and Trent are my favorite. They’re so much fun to write because of their charm and wittiness. The Bible talks about a cheerful heart being good as medicine, and Agent Yagil and Trent never fail to lift my spirit. They make me happy.
What was the most challenging aspect of writing your book? 

Everything about writing is hard to me. But the hardest part for me is the first draft, after that, the rewrites and edits are much easier to deal with.
Which authors have inspired your writing? 

C.S. Lewis, Frank E. Peretti, Mandy Fender, Nadine Brandes, Jackie Castle.…
What projects are you currently working on? 

Delusion (Book Two in the Ambrosial Acres Series).
What advice would you offer to new or aspiring authors? 

The thing that helps me the most to improve my writing is by reading ALL the time. I read in the genre I write, but I also venture out, finding myself captivated by other genres as well: high fantasy, historical romance, and dystopian. The other keys to ensure a completed manuscript is to write as often as you can, be patient, and write for yourselfnot for the market or for others. In my opinion, it’ll cause you unnecessary stress and make you second-guess yourself, wondering if it’ll ever be good enough. Don’t get me wrong, it’s great WONDERFULwhen others are inspired, encouraged and entertained by your writing, but there will be those who are not. And that’s okay.
My final piece of advice: Write with passion and be consistent. YOU CAN DO IT! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment